It’s also known as affiliate marketing. This is perhaps the most common or hottest way to make money online at the moment. You recommend a product, using an affiliate link. Someone clicks through that link , purchases the product, and you get a commission. It’s a simple concept, but sometimes difficult to execute.
One common way to do it is to create a niche site – a site generally focused on one type of product or sub-market – and populate the site with relevant articles, with affiliate links embedded. One of my current challenges is to add $20,000 per year to my passive income portfolio by creating niche sites that focus on Amazon products. Here are some good sources for products to sell as an affiliate:
- Amazon Associates – When someone clicks on your Amazon affiliate link, you’ll receive a commission from anything they purchase within 24 hours.
- eBay Partner Network – Earn a commission on eBay auctions that people find via your affiliate links.
- Commission Junction – Huge marketplace of affiliate offers.
- Clickbank – One of the largest marketplaces for eBooks and other digital products.
- E-Junkie – Similar to Clickbank, but I find it a bit more difficult to navigate and find certain digital products to sell as an affiliate.
- Google Affiliate Network – I view this as pretty similar to Commission Junction.
- DigiResults – Very similar to E-Junkie and Clickbank.